Legal analysis & responses
Through its Legal Committee, BELSIPA seeks to voice the opinion of its members towards legislative proposals and administrative practices relevant for the Belgian market.
We will invite regularly interested stakeholders to our sessions and publish any material sent to public institutions. Currently we follow the below initiatives and policy items:
- Royal Decree on information duties for the sale of financial products to retail customers (Belgium)
- Moratorium on the distribution of structured products to retail customers (Belgium)
- EU Regulation on Packaged Retail Investment Products (EU)
- Activities of the European Securities and Markets Authority (EU)
- Project of introducing an Financial Transaction Tax in a limited group of member states “FTT-10” (EU)
Latest legal opinions can be found here.
The chair of the BELSIPA Legal Committee, Jacques Van de Velde can be contacted under this link: email@example.com.